EducationColorado Technical University
ExperienceDoctoral work – Education management
Masters of Business Administration September 2009
Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs, CO
Bachelor of Arts in History May 1999
Pensacola Christian College
Professional Instructional Application Developer
Simple Interventions – 2014
Language Interventions – 2015
Vocabulary Interventions – 2015
Game Interventions - 2015
HIGHER TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Pikes Peak Community College, Colorado Springs, CO Jan 2008 – June 2008.
Adjunct Teacher, part-time.
• Taught adult college prep courses at the local community college.
• Tested students for placement in reading courses.
Learning Curve Reading
Owner, full time, Jan 2010-present.
• Consulted parents and teachers.
• One on one tutoring and teaching through an online portal.
• Elementary, high school, and adult students.
• Specific teaching of Orton-Gillingham reading, LiPs, and Wilson Reading Programs and Visualizing and Verbalizing comprehension techniques.
Tattnall County Board of Education Nov 2008 –April 2011.
Substitute Teacher, (I worked part-time to finish MBA degree)
• Classroom management K-12.
• Student instruction.
BridgeHaven Reading Clinic, Brunswick, GA Sept 2005 - Jan 2006.
• Managed students’ educational needs and training.
• Tested and evaluated students to place them in the programs such as the special training programs were Lindamood-Bell, Wilson.
The Phoenix Center, Bellville, GA
Educational Consultant and Reading Specialist. 2003 – 2005.
• Tested students for program eligibility and created personal curriculums for each student
• Tutored in specialized programs (LiPS, and Wilson) that worked specifically with learning disabled children with ADD, ADHD, and Dyslexia.
• Worked as a trainer for new teachers at the learning center.
• Taught elementary age to adult remedial education.
Pensacola Christian College, Pensacola, FL 1995 – 2002.
Early Childhood Teacher
Customer Service Representative/ Returns/ Home school Elementary and High
Home School instructor
Order Operator/ A Beka Book
CIGI Direct Insurance Services, Colorado Springs, CO, June 2006 - June 2007.
• An insurance agent for several states.
• New sales management and follow-up.
• Project management experience
The Glennville Sentinel, Glennville, GA,
Ad Designer Feb 2006 - June 2006.
• Covered public events and wrote articles for the weekly newspaper.
• Responsible for the weekly layout of the paper and distribution to the community, also met with local and state officials to document special meetings for the community.
HobbiesResearch, writing, science...
8th Grade Writing, 9th Grade Writing, American History, American Literature, 1st Grade, 1st Grade math, Government, ADHD, Reading, 6th Grade math, 6th Grade Reading, 6th Grade Science, 6th Grade Writing, 5th Grade Writing, 8th Grade Reading, 8th Grade Science, 9th Grade Reading, Accounting, Ancient and Medieval Heritage, AP Macroeconomics, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP United States History, AP US Government, AP US History, AP World History, Arithmetic, CLEP History of the United States I, CLEP History of the United States II: 1865 to the Present, Computer Skills, Study Skills, Study Skills And Organization, Summer Tutoring, 2nd Grade, Writing, 10th Grade Reading, 10th Grade Writing, 11th Grade Reading, 11th Grade Writing, 12th Grade Reading, Vocabulary, US History, World Literature, English, 12th Grade Writing, 1st Grade Reading, 1st Grade Writing, 2nd Grade math, 2nd Grade Reading, World History, 2nd Grade Writing, 3rd Grade, 3rd Grade math, 3rd Grade Reading, 3rd Grade Science, 3rd Grade Writing, 4th Grade, 4th Grade math, 4th Grade Reading, 4th Grade Science, 4th Grade Writing, 5th Grade, 5th Grade math, 5th Grade Reading, 5th Grade Science
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.